Tortillas and Tortilla Chips
Why not add the finishing touch to these homemade dips with homemade tortillas and tortilla chips? This is a great idea for an impressive homemade starter that’s perfect all year round!
- Prep: 20 minutes
- Cook: 40 minutes
- Total time: 1 hour
- Recipe serves: 16
- 2 cups of flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup of water
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- Put flour in a large bowl and add the salt – combine these together then stir in the water and oil.
- Sprinkle your surface with flour
- Take the mixed dough and knead the mixture 10-12 times on your floured surface
- You can add a little flour or water – whatever it takes to achieve a smooth dough
- Let the dough rest for 10 minutes
- Divide the dough into eight portions and on a lightly floured surface roll each portion into circles (roughly 18cm diameter)
- Coat a large non-stick pan or skillet with cooking spray and cook the tortillas over a medium heat for one minute on each side – until they turn lightly brown.