Summery CevicheChris Rendell-Dunn - Travel Consultant
Our Real Latin America Expert
Chris Rendell-Dunn - Travel Consultant
Anglo-Peruvian Chris grew up in Lima and spent much of his adult life in between London and Cusco as a tour leader, before settling permanently in our Sales team.
The origin of ceviche is disputed, but there's no disagreement over its deliciousness. It's also extremely easy to make – you won't even need so much as a saucepan, since the citric acid does all the cooking for you in this dish.
- Prep: 15 minutes
- Cook: 0 minutes
- Total time: 15 minutes
- Recipe serves: 8
- 3/4 kilo of filleted cod
- Juice of 3 limes
- 1/4 mango, chopped into small cubes
- Spoonful of crushed garlic
- 2 spoonfuls of finely chopped green chilli
- 2 medium-sized red onions
- Handful of coriander, finely chopped
- 1/4 cucumber, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the fish into small pieces in a large mixing bowl and add the garlic, chilli, lime juice, salt and pepper. Mix and set aside.
- Cut the onion finely and combine with the coriander. Place on top of the fish mixture and leave in the refrigerator for around an hour. During this time, the lime juice will 'cook' the fish.
- Remove from refrigerator and mix well.
- Garnish with the cucumber and mango pieces, and serve.