This speciality of the Peruvian capital is a delicious tower of mashed potato and seafood cocktail.
- Prep: 15 minutes
- Cook: 20 minutes
- Total time: 35 minutes
- Recipe serves: 4
- 6 potatoes
- 1/2 a large avocado
- 2 boiled eggs
- 2 limes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 300-400g fresh crabmeat
- 1 tsp finely chopped chilli
- Bunch of parsley, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 tbsps mayonnaise or thousand island dressing
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil then mash the potato and let the mash cool.
- Mix together the mashed potato, chilli, garlic, parsley, oil, lime, salt and pepper thoroughly.
- Spread the mixture out evenly over grease-proof paper and top with the mayonnaise, evenly spread. Layer the crabmeat, slices of boiled egg and sliced avocado over the top.
- Remove grease-proof paper as you roll up the mixture (like a swiss roll) and cut into slices.
- Serve topped with boiled egg and avocado.