This speciality of the Peruvian capital is a delicious tower of mashed potato and seafood cocktail.
- Prep: 15 minutes
- Cook: 20 minutes
- Total time: 35 minutes
- Recipe serves: 4
- 6 potatoes
- 1/2 a large avocado
- 2 boiled eggs
- 2 limes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 300-400g fresh crabmeat
- 1 tsp finely chopped chilli
- Bunch of parsley, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 tbsps mayonnaise or thousand island dressing
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil then mash the potato and let the mash cool.
- Mix together the mashed potato, chilli, garlic, parsley, oil, lime, salt and pepper thoroughly.
- Spread the mixture out evenly over grease-proof paper and top with the mayonnaise, evenly spread. Layer the crabmeat, slices of boiled egg and sliced avocado over the top.
- Remove grease-proof paper as you roll up the mixture (like a swiss roll) and cut into slices.
- Serve topped with boiled egg and avocado.
Your edit for Latin American inspiration
Our exciting range of articles on Latin America explore everything from iconic destinations and lesser-known cultural gems to delicious traditional recipes. You’ll also find exclusive travel tips, first-hand client reviews and the chance to get your personal questions answered by our travel experts.View Extraordinary Inspiration
Real Latin America Experts
Evie Oswald - Travel Expert
It's hard to believe that Evie has had time to cram so much in to her life so far. Having lived as a child in the Americas and Europe she found herself immediately attracted to Latin America.
Hannah Waterhouse - Travel Expert
Hannah had an early introduction to Latin America when her family moved to Ecuador and she returned to study in Buenos Aires for a year before backpacking across the continent.
Mary Anne Nelson - Travel Expert
Born in the Atacama Desert in northern Chile, Mary’s insider knowledge and dry sense of humour make her a highly valued member of the Tailor-made Holidays and Group Tour sales team.
Chris Rendell-Dunn - Travel Expert
Anglo-Peruvian Chris grew up in Lima and spent much of his adult life in between London and Cusco as a tour leader, before settling permanently in our London-based Tailor-made and Group Tours sales team.
Kathryn Rhodes - Travel Expert
Kathryn backpacked across Argentina, Chile, Bolivia and Peru before joining us. She has a degree in Philosophy and French and is a keen netball player.
Hannah Donaldson - Travel Expert
Having spent part of her childhood in Colombia and worked in Brazil and Costa Rica, Hannah's ties to Latin America run deep. Hannah is a much valued Travel Expert in our Tailor-made Holidays and Group Tours sales team.