Brazilian Brigadeiro with a Twist
Brigadeiro is a classic Brazilian treat served in all special occasions. This new recipe sees it with a new tasty nutella twist.
- Prep: 15 minutes
- Cook: 1 hour
- Total time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
- Recipe serves: 8
- 1 can of condensed milk
- 3 tablespoons of 'leite ninho' (Brazilian powdered evaporated milk, can be found in Brazilian food shops)
- 1 tablespoon of butter or margarine
- Nutella for the filling
- In one pan mix together the condensed milk, 'leite ninho' and butter or margarine.
- In a low heat, stir continuously until you can start to see the mixture is no longer sticking bottom of the pan as you mix.
- Place the mixture onto a buttered plate to cool.
- To make the balls, with buttered hand, place the mixture flatly into your hand.
- Add a small amount of nutella in the middle of the mixture, then mould into small balls, keeping the nutella on the inside.
- Roll the balls in 'leite ninho' covering all side, then place in case.
(Photo: Encantada Brigadeira)