Ajiaco Colombiano – Colombian Chicken and Potato Soup
Popular in Colombia's capital city, Bogota, this delicious soup is perfect comfort food all year round.
- Prep: 15 minutes
- Cook: 2 hours
- Total time: 2 hours, 15 minutes
- Recipe serves: 6-8
- 3 Chicken breast, skin removed
- 12 cups water
- 3 ears fresh corn, cuted into 2 pieces
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 3 scallions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoon chopped coriander
- 2 cups papa criolla (Andean Potato)
- 3 medium white potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 3 medium red potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1/3 cup guascas
- 1 cup heavy cream for serving
- 1 cup capers for serving
- In a large pot, place the chicken, corn, chicken bouillon, cilantro, scallions, garlic, salt and pepper. Add the water and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and cook for about 35 to 40 minutes, until chicken is cooked and tender. Remove the chicken and set aside.
- Continue cooking the corn for 30 more minutes. Discard green onion and add red potatoes, white potatoes, and the guacas. Cook for 30 more minutes.
- Uncover and add the frozen papa criolla and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, season with salt and pepper.
- Cut the chicken meat into small pieces and return to the pot. Serve the Ajiaco hot with capers and heavy cream on the side.
Recipe found on My Colombian Recipe