What We Love About Latin America
At Journey Latin America all of our staff members have either lived, worked or travelled extensively across the continent which means that over the years we've accumulated a long list of experiences and places that we love.
Take a look at what some of our staff members love about Latin America.
- Driving in Colombia is a real adventure. It's a great experience if you relish the chance to drive up steep winding mountain roads, with a stunning views around every corner. The scenery is stupendous.
Mary Anne Nelson, Senior Travel Consultant
- Our young son was trilled to rise to the top of Sugar Loaf Mountain in a cable car. It was an experience the entire family could appreciate, no matter the age.
Chris Rendell-Dunn, Senior Travel Consultant
- One of my best food memories is of exploring Oaxaca's markets... stalls piled high with chillies and more interestingly dried crickets which, consumed with a sprinkle of salt and a squeeze of lime, are delicious!
Konrad Mludzinski, Travel Consultant
- A real treat on our honeymoon was when our guide on Easter Island took us by surprise one morning to Anakena Beach. There waiting for us was a bottle of bubbly and a private picnic fit for a king and queen! They made an already special holiday even more special, filled with unique moments.
Laura Rendell-Dunn, PR and Business Development Manager
- Snorkelling with Galápagos hammerhead sharks is my most memorable underwater experience but my most exciting wildlife encounter was the sighting of a jaguar prowling in Peru's Manu National Park.
Ben Line, Bespoke Manager
- The Weaver's Trail in Peru not only had me in spectacular scenery but also gave a great glimpse of local life which I was keen to having on my trip. There wasn't another tourist around for two days, just groups of curious children which came to greet us.
Hannah Donaldson, Senior Travel Consultant
- I truly love all things about Latin America, take the culture, the history and the people and add magnificent mountain ranges, pristine beaches, steamy jungles and fantastic ruins. All of it combines to create unique, beautiful and fascinating destination.
Jim Ashworth, Group Tours Manager
- Pucón in Chile had to be my number one destination in Latin America. I've always loved adventure sports, and for adrenaline junkies like me, Pucón is the perfect playground.
Caroline Maber, Senior Travel Consultant
- Travelling from the surreal expanse of the sparkling Uyuni salt flats in Bolivia to the dry desert landscape of the Atacama, Chile was an unforgettable experience!
Paul Winrow-Giffin, Senior Travel Consultant