Holiday like an X-Factor star
Attention all X Factor enthusiasts, we have spotted that on this Saturday’s programme (at 9pm on ITV3) it is the ‘Judges House’ round – the best in my view.
All the remaining contestants have been sunning themselves - amid strict singing/performance rehearsals no doubt – whilst staying in a smart hotel or villa allocated to one of each of the four Judges.
Mel B (former Spice Girl) and her team, which are the ‘Boys’ category have struck gold this year and have been based in the heart of the Riviera Maya in Mexico. The Caribbean Riviera Maya refers to the stretch of uninterrupted pale golden sands running south from Cancún to Tulum, home to the celebrated cliff-top Mayan ruins.
The impressive Grand Xcaret hotel hosted Mel B and the contestants providing a pampered and luxurious sanctuary for the X Factor team, as the ‘Boys’ practised their auditions. The opulent Grand Xcaret is on the coast, adjacent to the spectacular eco-archaeological Xcaret Park.
We have recently launched (Sept’14) a new Luxury Mexico: Yucatán in style holiday which visits Mexico City, Campeche, Mérida, Chichén Itzá before relaxing on the Caribbean Coast (Riviera Maya) in true X Factor style.
Give us a ring if you want to holiday like a pop star!
Our top tips for the Riviera Maya:
• Stretching back on the sands at sunset on the beautiful beach in the shadow of the photogenic ruins at the still relatively unspoilt village of Tulum.
• Snorkelling with a multitude of rainbow-coloured tropical fish in the calm limpid waters of the eco-park at Xel-Ha.
• Enjoying an ice-cold happy-hour margarita in a pavement café in lively, family friendly Playa del Carmen, serenaded by a mariachi band. Sounds tacky, but in fact it can be great fun if you’re in the mood!
• A splurge at one of the secluded luxury boutique hotels set in their own tropical grounds on secluded bays down the coast.
• Choosing one of the 32 dive sites around the island of Cozumel. Sub-aqua enthusiasts won’t be able to resist – it’s one of the best places in the world to explore the undersea world.