Attention all X Factor enthusiasts, we have spotted that on this Saturday’s programme (at 9pm on ITV3) it is the ‘Judges House’ round – the best in my view.
All the remaining contestants have been sunning themselves - amid strict singing/performance rehearsals no doubt – whilst staying in a smart hotel or villa allocated to one of each of the four Judges.
Mel B (former Spice Girl) and her team, which are the ‘Boys’ category have struck gold this year and have been based in the heart of the Riviera Maya in Mexico
. The Caribbean Riviera Maya
refers to the stretch of uninterrupted pale golden sands running south from Cancún to Tulum, home to the celebrated cliff-top Mayan ruins.
The impressive Grand Xcaret hotel hosted Mel B and the contestants providing a pampered and luxurious sanctuary for the X Factor team, as the ‘Boys’ practised their auditions. The opulent Grand Xcaret is on the coast, adjacent to the spectacular eco-archaeological Xcaret Park.
We have recently launched (Sept’14) a new Luxury Mexico: Yucatán in style
holiday which visits Mexico City, Campeche, Mérida, Chichén Itzá before relaxing on the Caribbean Coast (Riviera Maya) in true X Factor style.
Give us a ring if you want to holiday like a pop star!
Our top tips for the Riviera Maya:
• Stretching back on the sands at sunset on the beautiful beach in the shadow of the photogenic ruins at the still relatively unspoilt village of Tulum.
• Snorkelling with a multitude of rainbow-coloured tropical fish in the calm limpid waters of the eco-park at Xel-Ha.
• Enjoying an ice-cold happy-hour margarita in a pavement café in lively, family friendly Playa del Carmen, serenaded by a mariachi band. Sounds tacky, but in fact it can be great fun if you’re in the mood!
• A splurge at one of the secluded luxury boutique hotels set in their own tropical grounds on secluded bays down the coast.
• Choosing one of the 32 dive sites around the island of Cozumel. Sub-aqua enthusiasts won’t be able to resist – it’s one of the best places in the world to explore the undersea world.