Our Flexible Booking Policy
Covid-19: Book with confidence - Our flexibility promise for all new bookings made before 31 December 2021.
If you are desperately in need of a holiday to look forward to, there really are some big benefits in booking now. And our unprecedented Flexible Booking Policy on all new Tailor-made or Escorted Group Tour bookings removes any risk, giving you the confidence and peace of mind to plan ahead.
So, with nothing to lose why not take the leap now to lock in some of the best rates for flights and accommodation we have seen in years, whilst securing reservations at your first choice accommodations to avoid possible disappointment later on.
1) MAKE CHANGES TO YOUR BOOKING OR POSTPONE YOUR HOLIDAY FOR FREE
We’ve never believed in charging amendment fees, recognising that unexpected circumstances sometimes mean your plans need to be changed. But we’ve further enhanced our flexible approach to suit the current situation.
- If you wish to make any changes to your holiday itinerary, for whatever reason, or even postpone to travel at a later date (up to 31 December 2023), we will make the necessary changes free of charge*. All we ask is that you let us know 45 days or more before you are due to travel.
- If you wish to postpone your holiday, but are unsure of when you can travel, we will issue you with a Credit Voucher for all monies paid, valid for departure on any of our holidays up to 31 December 2023.
- If at 45 days prior to travel we are unable to operate your holiday due to a) a red traffic light government restriction in place for your destination, b) an FCDO travel restriction against non-essential travel from the UK, or c) an entry restriction imposed by the countries you are due to travel to, then you may either postpone or take a Credit Voucher as above or receive a full refund of all monies, paid within 10 days. If there is an amber traffic light in place for your destination but we are able to operate the holiday (i.e there’s no FCDO non-essential travel ban or any local entry restrictions in place), we will nevertheless also offer you the same aforementioned options should you not wish to travel due to the requirement to quarantine at home upon return.
*If you choose to upgrade any services the corresponding upgrade costs will apply. Similarly, if you decide to postpone to a different holiday season (peak/high/low/shoulder season), then any seasonal cost increase or decrease of those services will apply.
*For Tailor-made holidays (or tailored extensions to Escorted Group Tours), there may be occasional exclusions where the service provider’s terms are stricter than ours (e.g. airlines or some cruises and lodges). Where this is the case, we will do our best to negotiate for the same 45 day refundable terms as our own. If unable to do so, we will make it clear at the point of quotation and booking.
2) FULL PAYMENT DUE AT 45 DAYS (INSTEAD OF 60 DAYS) BEFORE TRAVEL
We’ve reduced our full payment dates even further to 45 days before travel. We don’t feel we should be asking for you to pay your balance in full until such a time that we are confident we will be able to operate the holiday securely and as planned, allowing us to take the very latest government guidance into account.
3) LOW DEPOSITS
Our booking deposits have always been amongst the lowest in the industry, often by a considerable amount. We don’t feel it is appropriate to charge a percentage of your holiday cost as a deposit. Rather, our standard deposits are very a reasonable £500pp for Tailor-made holidays and £300pp for Escorted Group Tours.
* Some services such as cruises or luxury all-inclusive lodges may require an additional deposit levied by the provider of those services. Where this is the case, we will do our best to negotiate for them to be reduced, waived or refundable up to 45 days prior to travel. If unable to do so, we will make it clear at the point of quotation and booking.
Whilst not all insurance companies provide cover for Covid-19, our recommended travel insurance partners Campbell Irvine include extensive Covid-19 cover including for cancellation prior to travel, curtailment of your holiday, quarantine before or during your holiday and medical expenses whilst abroad. We’ve been using them for over 30 years. We know them, trust them and highly recommend them. For more information visit https://www.campbellirvinedirect.com/jla or call them on 020 7938 1734.
POLICY FOR EXISTING BOOKINGS
Rest assured if you already have a booking with us we will apply the same flexible booking conditions as outlined above.
Your edit for Latin American inspiration
Our exciting range of articles on Latin America explore everything from iconic destinations and lesser-known cultural gems to delicious traditional recipes. You’ll also find exclusive travel tips, first-hand client reviews and the chance to get your personal questions answered by our travel experts.View Extraordinary Inspiration