Our Flexible Booking Policy
Covid-19: Book with confidence - Our flexibility promise for all new bookings
Over the past months our travel experts have been busy preparing to get back to doing what they do best - planning award-winning holidays in partnership with our network of Latin American representatives to the destinations that, over the years, they have come to know and love.
Whilst we know that there is still much uncertainty about future travel, there are some tangible benefits to be had in booking a holiday now. So if you’re ready to start thinking about travel plans for when restrictions have been lifted, you can take advantage of the unique opportunity to experience our much-loved destinations with far fewer travellers than you would ordinarily expect.
Plus with fewer travellers comes better choice and availability, particularly when thinking about where to stay. With rooms normally booked up months in advance, many of our favourite places to stay are ready and waiting to welcome you. And if that is not incentive enough, we are also now seeing some of the best airfares we’ve seen for years!
So if you are desperately in need of something to look forward to, there really are some big benefits in booking your holiday now, and to help give you the confidence and peace of mind to make this a reality, we’ve made some significant changes to our booking conditions:
Our flexibility promise for all new bookings
As the world’s borders slowly open up we recognise that many of you may still feel some uncertainty and trepidation about committing to a holiday. That is why we are offering unprecedented flexible booking conditions on all new Tailor-made or Escorted Group Tour bookings until further notice:
1) Make changes to your booking or postpone your holiday for free
We’ve never believed in charging amendment fees, recognising that unexpected circumstances sometimes mean your plans need to be changed. But with the world currently in a state of constant flux, we’ve further enhanced our flexible approach to suit the situation.
- If you wish to make any changes to your holiday itinerary, for whatever reason, or even postpone to travel at a later date (before 30 April 2022), we will make the necessary changes free of charge*. All we ask is that you let us know 45 days or more before you are due to travel.
- If you wish to postpone your holiday, but are unsure of when you can travel, we will issue you with a Credit Voucher for all monies paid, valid for travel on any of our holidays before the end of 2022.
- If at 45 days prior to travel we are unable to operate your holiday due to an FCO travel restriction against non-essential travel from the UK, or for the countries you are due to travel to, then you may either postpone as above or receive a full refund of all monies paid within 14 days.
*If you choose to upgrade any services the corresponding upgrade costs will apply. Similarly, if you decide to postpone to a different holiday season (peak/high/low/shoulder season), then any seasonal cost increase or decrease of those services will apply.
*For Tailor-made holidays (or tailored extensions to Escorted Group Tours), there may be occasional exclusions where the service provider’s terms are stricter than ours (e.g. airlines or some cruises and lodges). Where this is the case, we will do our best to negotiate for the same 45 day refundable terms as our own. If unable to do so, we will make it clear at the point of quotation and booking.
2) Full payment due at 45 days (instead of 60 days) before travel
We’ve reduced our full payment dates even further, from 60 to 45 days before travel. In the current climate, we don’t feel we should be asking for you to pay your balance in full until such a time that we are as confident as possible that we will be able to operate the holiday. As time goes on, and for some destinations, we will likely be more confident further ahead, but to keep things simple we are applying this deferred full payment policy to all our holidays and for all departure dates until further notice.
3) Low deposits
Our booking deposits have always been amongst the lowest in the industry, often by a considerable amount. We don’t feel it is appropriate to charge a percentage of your holiday cost as a deposit. Rather, our standard deposits are very reasonable at £500pp for Tailor-made holidays and £300pp for Escorted Group Tours.
* Some services such as cruises or luxury all-inclusive lodges may require an additional deposit levied by the provider of those services. Where this is the case, we will do our best to negotiate for them to be reduced, waived or refundable up to 45 days prior to travel. If unable to do so, we will make it clear at the point of quotation and booking.
Whilst not all insurance companies provide cover for Covid-19, our recommended travel insurance partners Campbell Irvine include extensive Covid-19 cover including for cancellation prior to travel, curtailment of your holiday, quarantine before or during your holiday and medical expenses whilst abroad. We’ve been using them for over 30 years. We know them, trust them and highly recommend them. For more information visit https://www.campbellirvinedirect.com/jla or call them on 020 7938 1734.
Policy for existing bookings
Rest assured if you already have a booking with us we will apply the same flexible booking conditions as outlined above.
Your edit for Latin American inspiration
Our exciting range of articles on Latin America explore everything from iconic destinations and lesser-known cultural gems to delicious traditional recipes. You’ll also find exclusive travel tips, first-hand client reviews and the chance to get your personal questions answered by our travel experts.View Extraordinary Inspiration