We welcome applicants to join our team from a wide range of backgrounds. Many of our staff are graduates with good Spanish or Portuguese. Travel trade experience is welcome though not essential. If you have the following skills please apply, we keep applications on file as future opportunities arise.
Manager, Tailor-made Holidays
The Manager for the Tailor-made Holidays department will lead a team of specialist travel consultants and be responsible for:
• The successful delivery of quality travel services and high levels of customer satisfaction
• Achieving department sales targets and profitability targets
• Staff training, performance and development
• Developing and maintaining effective commercial relationships
• Working with the wider management team to develop the programme and successfully grow the business
The successful candidate will have first-hand knowledge of Latin America
and proven experience / aptitude and skills in the
• Sales and operations management within a tour operating context
• People management and leadership skills
• A customer focussed attitude
• Track record in achieving sales targets
The successful candidate will be part of the senior management team,
reporting to the MD and working closely with other sales teams and key
Product, Marketing, Business development and Customer Services to meet objectives.
If you would like to apply, please e-mail your CV and covering letter to email@example.com by Friday 24th April.
Interviews will take place week commencing 11th May.
Do you have what it takes to be a tour leader?
Tour leading is a 24/7 role and whilst each day will bring a new and often incredible experience, you must also be prepared to deal with the challenges that undoubtedly will arise when trying to lead a group holiday. Consequently, to apply for this work we require the following:
- A desire to work with people
- Proven or potential ability to deal with groups confidently
- A diplomatic temperament
- Good organisational skills
- Fluent Spanish and/or Portuguese
- Good recent ground knowledge of at least 5 Latin American countries, based on personal independent travel
- A professional attitude to the execution of the tasks in hand
- A sense of fun
- Able to spend a minimum of 6 months abroad at a time
Download a detailed Tour Leader role description
Download the Tour Leader Application Form
If you are interested in working for Journey Latin America as a tour leader, and meet the criteria above, please fill in the application form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note only successful candidates will be contacted and invited for interview.
London Sales Departments
Our sales departments include Flights, Bespoke Holidays and Group Tours and all of our Sales Consultants are required to have the following skills:
Good knowledge & extensive travel experience of Latin America (with a minimum of 3 countries visited)
An aptitude for sales & excellent interpersonal skills, both on the phone and face-to-face
Excellent organisational and computer skills
Fluent English. Spanish and/or Portuguese preferred
Ability to work as part of an enthusiastic team and on your own initiative
If you are enthusiastic and keen to work with the UK's number 1 specialist in travel to Latin America, please send a CV and a covering letter detailing your travel experience in Latin America (including areas visited and travel dates) to the address below:
Journey Latin America
401 King Street,