We welcome applicants to join our team from a wide range of backgrounds. Many of our staff are graduates with good Spanish or Portuguese. Travel trade experience is welcome though not essential.
Product Contracts Assistant
Overview: A fantastic opportunity to join the UK’s leading specialist tour operator for Latin America.
A key role receiving, analyzing and maintaining costs within Journey Latin America’s reservations system (Travel Studio) with close relationships with ground operators across the region and throughout the business.
Accountable to: Product Manager for Product related issues
Team Leader for Travel Studio related issues
Responsible for: Accurate and efficient management of ground service product in reservations system
Job Purpose: To review and provide accurate, coherent, rates and information to the sales and marketing teams in order for them to effectively promote, create, and maximize sales and profitability.
• Maintain reservations system database (Travel Studio) by receiving and reviewing rates and information, before accurately and clearly entering to ensure all sales teams have up-to-date and coherent information to fulfil their role.
• Liaise with Product Managers to ensure suppliers send rates in a coherent way with all relevant information clearly displayed, thus facilitating ease of booking for sales dept.
• Ensure close, constructive liaison with all relevant JLA staff. Attending the rates inbox, calls, efficiently managing requests to make necessary amendments in system or load new product for Sales, Marketing and Product departments.
• Constructive, clear and balanced communication with ground suppliers. Manage JLA’s expectations of ground suppliers regarding timing of contracts, etc.
• Cover for team members as appropriate
• Analyse rates and information from suppliers and alert Product Managers to any changes to ensure we get the best rates and most up-to-date information thus allowing the sales teams to be competitive in the market place and increase sales.
• Keep all JLA staff informed on ground services, including rates and operational issues to ensure they have the most relevant information in order to make effective sales and grow the business.
• Produce costing sheets in collaboration with Product Managers to cost brochure itineraries.
• Regularly interrogate the website for your product area to ensure it is up-to-date with correct pricing and information in order to avoid confusion with sales team and clients.
• Work with the team on development of journey Latin America’s website.
Attention to detail, excellent communication skills, quick learner, numerate, logical lateral thinker, team player. Good time management and ability to manage priorities to meet set deadlines.
Proficient use of Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel. Experience with Reservations Systems preferred.
Educated to degree level, travel experience in Latin America and understanding of tour design an advantage (not essential).
Immediate start. Excellent remuneration package
Contract Type: Full time permanent
To apply, please email your CV and covering letter stating your current salary for the attention of: Antonio Vaquero, email@example.com
London Sales Department - Tailor-made Holidays and Escorted Group Tours
We’re always happy to hear from people interested in joining our busy London sales team.
Suitably qualified candidates will have a passion for Latin America they are eager to share and be able to demonstrate the following:
- Excellent knowledge & extensive firsthand “in-depth” travel experience in Latin America
- Previous experience in travel, sales or customer service role
- Excellent communications skills, both on the phone, face-to-face and in writing
- Excellent organisational and computer skills
- Ability to work as part of an enthusiastic team and on your own initiative
- Education to degree level or equivalent
If you are keen to work with the UK's number 1 specialist in travel to Latin America, please email your CV and a covering letter detailing your relevant work and travel experience (including areas visited and travel dates) to:
Contact Antonio Vaquero on firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you have what it takes to be a tour leader?
Tour leading is a 24/7 role and whilst each day will bring a new and often incredible experience, you must also be prepared to deal with the challenges that undoubtedly will arise when trying to lead a group holiday. Consequently, to apply for this work we require the following:
- A desire to work with people
- Proven or potential ability to deal with groups confidently
- A diplomatic temperament
- Good organisational skills
- Fluent in English language
- Fluent Spanish and/or Portuguese
- Good recent ground knowledge of at least 5 Latin American countries, based on personal independent travel
- A professional attitude to the execution of the tasks in hand
- A sense of fun
- Visible and lasting passion for Latin America.
- Able to spend a minimum of 6 months abroad at a time
Download a detailed Tour Leader role description
Download the Tour Leader Application Form
If you are interested in working for Journey Latin America as a tour leader, and meet the criteria above, please fill in the application form and send to email@example.com. Please note only successful candidates will be contacted and invited for interview.