We welcome applicants to join our team from a wide range of backgrounds. Many of our staff are graduates with good Spanish or Portuguese. Travel trade experience is welcome though not essential. If you have the following skills please apply, we keep applications on file as future opportunities arise.
Reporting to the Finance Director, the Accounts Administrator will have a key role in the financial communication across the sales departments, overseas tour leaders and suppliers in Latin America.
You will have some experience of working in accounts and have knowledge of Sage 50 and be excited by a new and challenging role to develop your knowledge and skills further.
If you think that you meet the following requirements we would love to hear from you:
• Excellent communication.
• Knowledge of Sage 50 essential.
• Analytical and highly organised with attention to detail.
• Able to work on your own initiative and accept responsibility.
• Able to work under pressure.
• Highly proactive, forward thinking and positive can-do attitude.
• Ability to multi-task.
• Excellent team player.
• Problem solver.
• An accountancy qualification is desirable but not a requirement.
• Knowledge of Spanish and Portuguese is an advantage.
• Commercial awareness and understanding of business objectives.
• At least a year proven experience in an accountancy role.
• Management and processing of overseas supplier invoices.
• Management of the credit control function.
• Management and reconciliation of the petty cash and travellers cheques in local and foreign currencies.
• Analysis and reconciliation of all incoming cash receipts.
• Processing of refunds to clients and travel agencies.
• Production of statements for suppliers and travel agents.
• Processing and payment of overhead invoices.
• Knowledge of the travel industry and Latin America preferred but not essential.
Immediate start. Excellent remuneration package.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter stating your current salary to: email@example.com Closing date: 14th May 2017
Do you have what it takes to be a tour leader?
Tour leading is a 24/7 role and whilst each day will bring a new and often incredible experience, you must also be prepared to deal with the challenges that undoubtedly will arise when trying to lead a group holiday. Consequently, to apply for this work we require the following:
- A desire to work with people
- Proven or potential ability to deal with groups confidently
- A diplomatic temperament
- Good organisational skills
- Fluent in English language
- Fluent Spanish and/or Portuguese
- Good recent ground knowledge of at least 5 Latin American countries, based on personal independent travel
- A professional attitude to the execution of the tasks in hand
- A sense of fun
- Visible and lasting passion for Latin America.
- Able to spend a minimum of 6 months abroad at a time
Download a detailed Tour Leader role description
Download the Tour Leader Application Form
If you are interested in working for Journey Latin America as a tour leader, and meet the criteria above, please fill in the application form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note only successful candidates will be contacted and invited for interview.
London Sales Department
We welcome applicants to join our team from a wide range of backgrounds. Our sales departments include Flights, Bespoke Holidays and Group Tours.
Many of our staff are graduates with good Spanish or Portuguese. Travel trade experience is welcome though not essential. If you have the following skills please apply, we keep applications on file as future opportunities arise.
• Good knowledge & extensive travel experience of Latin America (with a minimum of 3 countries visited)
• An aptitude for sales & excellent interpersonal skills, both on the phone and face-to-face
• Excellent organisational and computer skills
• Fluent English. Spanish and/or Portuguese preferred
• Ability to work as part of an enthusiastic team and on your own initiative
If you are enthusiastic and keen to work with the UK's number 1 specialist in travel to Latin America, please send a CV and a covering letter detailing your travel experience in Latin America (including areas visited and travel dates) to the address below:
Journey Latin America
401 King Street
London, W6 9NJ