We welcome applicants to join our team from a wide range of backgrounds. Many of our staff are graduates with good Spanish or Portuguese. Travel trade experience is welcome though not essential. If you have the following skills please apply, we keep applications on file as future opportunities arise.
Do you have what it takes to be a tour leader?
Tour leading is a 24/7 role and whilst each day will bring a new and often incredible experience, you must also be prepared to deal with the challenges that undoubtedly will arise when trying to lead a group holiday. Consequently, to apply for this work we require the following:
- A desire to work with people
- Proven or potential ability to deal with groups confidently
- A diplomatic temperament
- Good organisational skills
- Fluent in English language
- Fluent Spanish and/or Portuguese
- Good recent ground knowledge of at least 5 Latin American countries, based on personal independent travel
- A professional attitude to the execution of the tasks in hand
- A sense of fun
- Visible and lasting passion for Latin America.
- Able to spend a minimum of 6 months abroad at a time
Download a detailed Tour Leader role description
Download the Tour Leader Application Form
If you are interested in working for Journey Latin America as a tour leader, and meet the criteria above, please fill in the application form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note only successful candidates will be contacted and invited for interview.
Junior Travel Consultants
We are currently recruiting for Junior Travel Consultants to work in our Flights-Plus Department in our London office.
You will start in the Flights-Plus department and embark on a 6-8 months’ training and professional development programme to learn about the travel industry, systems and the products we sell around Latin America. At the end of this period you will be expected to join other areas in the company as new opportunities arise.
Our Sales departments include Flights, Bespoke Holidays and Group Tours and all of our Travel Consultants must meet the following requirements:
• Educated to degree level
• Good knowledge and extensive travel experience in Latin America (with a minimum of 3 countries visited)
• An aptitude for sales and excellent interpersonal skills, both on the phone and face-to-face
• Excellent organisational and computer skills
• Fluent English. Spanish and/or Portuguese is an advantage but not essential
• Ability to work as part of an vibrant team and on your own initiative
We offer an excellent remuneration package and opportunity to travel to Latin America.
If you are enthusiastic and keen to work with the UK's number 1 specialist in travel to Latin America, please send a CV and a covering letter detailing your travel experience in Latin America (including areas visited and travel dates) to the address below:
Journey Latin America
401 King Street,