Travelling on a small group tour is a fantastic way to experience all that Latin America has to offer. You'll get to know other like-minded travellers on an inspiring shared journey.
Our Escorted Group Tours to Central and South America are designed to let you explore the stunning sights of Central and South America with our exceptional tour leaders. With our group tours, you can fully immerse yourself in the culture, and the delicious traditional cuisine this region has to offer, and meet with like-minded travellers to share the exhilarating experience.
Why choose an Escorted Group Tour to Latin America?
Journey Latin America were one of the first to offer escorted group tours in South America, and we continue to strive to create outstanding holidays for you to enjoy. As well as offering trips we know and love, we continually search for new and exciting holidays. We use our expert knowledge to shape our Escorted Group Tours and also listen to your feedback. All Journey Latin America tours include:
- Small group size – with a minimum of just four passengers and a maximum of 20 .Our smaller group sizes also mean we can stay in more remote places, and use vehicles to suit the group's size and needs.
- Fully escorted tours – our tours are accompanied by our exceptional trained tour leaders who use their in-depth knowledge from years of travel, living and working on the continent to give you an authentic holiday experience. They speak the local language and deal with the practicalities, adapting circumstances that arise and the individual needs of the group.
- Solo travellers – our escorted tours to Central and South America run with a broad mix of demographics, but all with one thing in common - a love of travel. Our escorted group tours are ideal if you're travelling alone. There's no supplement if you're willing to share with someone of the same sex. But if you'd prefer, you can opt to pay for a single room and guarantee your own space.
- Included in the tour price – Main excursion (optional excursions are available to book locally with no mark-ups). Breakfast and some meals with the freedom to eat at any time. Food recommendations and tips given by the tour leader.
Group Traveller Loyalty Scheme
With so many breathtaking destinations to discover, we know many of you will want to return to Latin America time and again.
Any of our clients booking onto a Group Tour for a second time will benefit from our loyalty scheme, which means you’ll receive £100pp off the cost of your trip. What’s more, any travellers booking onto their third (or more) Group Tour across Central and South America will receive a discount of £150pp off each trip.
What type of Escorted Group Tour is right for me?
Whether you want to travel off-the-beaten track on one of our Discovery group tours or in more comfort and style on a Classic tour, we have a range of options to choose from. Just speak to one of our specialists to find out which of our group tours in Central and South America will best suit you.
All of our escorted group tours at Journey Latin America are sustainable, and we’re careful to limit the impact we have on the places we visit. We’re proud to have holidays features on ResponsibleTravel.com.
Your safety during these uncertain times is our top priority. For full details of our planning and procedures, visit our Safe Journeys page. For groups of six or more family and friends, we are excited to offer our entirely private Bubble Tours.
Contact our Travel Experts today to start planning your tour in Central and South America now.
Classic Group Tours
Explore the most iconic destinations across Central and South America in utter comfort and style on a Classic Group Tour. Each of these holidays offers the chance to experience Latin America’s staggering landscapes and vibrant cities in the company of like-minded travellers. Every night you’ll return to our favourite hotels, which have been chosen especially for their superb facilities, elegant décor and first-rate services.
With good roads, luxury trains and comprehensive local flight networks now connecting the continent’s key destinations, we’ve planned comfortable routes with private vehicles to take you from place-to-place. You’ll be eating well, too. Our award-winning tour leaders have an unrivalled knowledge of Latin America’s best-kept culinary secrets, and can recommend delicious regional specialities and wines at some of the finest restaurants across the continent.
Why choose our Classic Group Tours
- Superior small group holidays with a maximum of 20
- Highlights of countries in complete comfort
- Private vehicles used throughout
- Upper Mid-range and first class properties throughout
- Journey Latin America tour leader throughout
Discovery Group Tours
Gain a deeper insight into the magnificent landscapes, vibrant cultures and ancient history of Latin America on a Discovery Group Tour. These holidays offer authenticity and value-for-money, staying in cosy family-run hotels and guesthouses where you’ll get a real feel for the local culture.
Our award-winning tour leaders have an unrivalled knowledge of Central and South America and will show you the back roads that tourists don’t often see. You’ll explore everything from new hiking trails to bustling marketplaces serving traditional delicacies, with plenty of local fiestas along the way! To get you around as quickly and comfortably as possible, we use a mixture of private and public transport.
A fantastic range of destinations are included in these adventurous tours, so you certainly won't be short of activities. Try exploring Peru in-depth, or check out the breathtaking natural beauty of Brazil.
Why choose our Discovery Group Tours
- Why Choose Our Discovery Tour
- Country highlights and off the beaten track itineraries
- Very comfortable mid-range hotels and family run properties
- Private vehicles and luxury public coaches
- Journey Latin America tour leader throughout
Our Bubble Tours are ideal for select groups of friends and family looking to travel together on their own private group tour. Not only will you be accompanied at all times by one of our expert tour leaders, but you’ll also benefit from complete flexibility to choose your own departure dates. Your group should have at least six members, with a supplement of just £250 per person, while for groups of eight or more there is no extra cost.
Why choose our Bubble Tours
- Travel in your own private bubble of six or more people
- Journey Latin America Tour Leader throughout
- Flexibility to choose your own departure dates
Your edit for Latin American inspiration
Our exciting range of articles on Latin America explore everything from iconic destinations and lesser-known cultural gems to delicious traditional recipes. You’ll also find exclusive travel tips, first-hand client reviews and the chance to get your personal questions answered by our travel experts.View Extraordinary Inspiration
Real Latin America Experts
Paul Winrow-Giffin - Travel Expert
After graduating in Computer Science, Paul spent seven months travelling from Colombia to Argentina and came home hooked on Latin America.
Hannah Waterhouse - Travel Expert
Hannah had an early introduction to Latin America when her family moved to Ecuador and she returned to study in Buenos Aires for a year before backpacking across the continent.
Evie Oswald - Travel Expert
It's hard to believe that Evie has had time to cram so much in to her life so far. Having lived as a child in the Americas and Europe she found herself immediately attracted to Latin America.
Ben Line - Travel Expert
Ben fell in love with Latin America on a six month backpacking trip from Colombia to Mexico in 1995. Since then he has explored most of South America, including living in Peru for a year. He is now Head of Sales.
Lina Fuller - Travel Expert
Lina's passion for the continent where she was born really took off when she moved to Córdoba (Argentina) to study, spending the holidays travelling between Argentina and her native Colombia.
Carrie Gallagher - Travel Expert
A former JLA tour leader, Carrie brings a wealth of on-the-ground experience to our London-based Tailor-made and Group Tours department.