Sometimes true luxury goes beyond the finest hotels and transport. If you’re looking for something completely out of the ordinary, whether it be a private island, the chance to arrive at your hotel in style by helicopter, or even charter your very own Galápagos yacht, get inspired with our unique ideas to inject unmistakeable wow factor into your holiday.
The nature of tailor-made travel means that we cannot come close to covering all the many options, itineraries and possibilities on our website. And so with luxury travel and private, extra-special experiences in mind, we’ve put together a selection of ideas grouped by theme to bring you a small taste of some of the ways in which we can take your holiday above and beyond.
Extra-special touches at your hotel
- Arrive at one of Brazil’s most exclusive beach hotels, Ponta dos Ganchos, by helicopter from Floriánopolis airport. In the evening, make your introduction to the stunning resort complete with a gourmet private island dinner.
- Take a private dinner in the impressive, modern yet atmospheric wine cellar at Sol y Luna in the Sacred Valley of the Incas.
- Enjoy an exclusive wine-tasting session with a resident sommelier at Estancia Colomé in the wine-growing region of the Calchaquíes Valley, northwest Argentina.
- Arrive at Villa Rolandi on the idyllic Isla Mujeres, Yucatán Peninsula, by private yacht from Cancún to the hotel’s jetty.
- Stay at Cala Mia in Panama, located on its very own private Caribbean island.
Travel in style
- Salta, Argentina, to the Atacama Desert, Chile: Take a private 4x4 transfer with driver across the Andes – one of South America’s most spectacular road journeys. You’ll beat the public bus, avoiding the long queues at immigration. You can also stop at leisure wherever you wish to take photos of the high-altitude lakes, multi-coloured canyons and vast salt flats.
- Belize and Costa Rica: Private light air craft flights are available for a number of routes – you could even admire the aerial views over the reef and jungle in a private plane from The Lodge at Chaa Creek.
- São Paulo and Rio, Brazil: TAM offer private flights between Congonhas (São Paulo’s domestic airport) and Santos Dumont (Rio’s domestic airport). The route usually soars past the Sugar Loaf, Christ the Redeemer, Copacabana and Ipanema beach, rewarding passengers with Rio’s most famous views from above.
- Angra dos Reis to Ilha Grande, Brazil: Take a private speedboat to the beach paradise of Ilha Grande on Brazil’s Emerald Coast, not far from Rio.
- Presidential service to Machu Picchu: With a capacity of just 8 passengers per carriage (and of course the possibility to book them out for smaller groups), Inca Rail’s Presidential service is the most private and sumptuously luxurious way to reach the famous lost Inca citadel. Panoramic windows, a majestic lounge and an exquisite tasting menu paired with fine wines welcome you aboard.
Excursions and experiences
- Let Explora en Rapa Nui prepare you a private picnic lunch on Anakena beach, Easter Island – complete with wine, beer and plenty of delicious food and guides to set up everything so you can just sit back and enjoy.
- Charter a private sailboat from the superlative Titilaka hotel to explore majestic Lake Titicaca, stopping on the way to visit local communities and timeless islands.
- Visit the famous geysers at El Tatio in the Atacama Desert via a private early morning excursion followed by a visit to Puritama hot springs with Explora en Atacama. Explora own the pool at the top so you can have the place to yourself while their guides set up a private picnic.
- Cruise the Amazon in style on board two of South America’s most exclusive boats the MV Aria or MV Aqua.
- For a truly once-in-a-lifetime experience, charter one of our top-of-the range Galápagos yachts for your family or a group of friends.