This vessel has a real expeditionary feel, and in fact was formerly operated by the Russian Academy of Science and has a mostly Russian nautical crew. Her high-grade ice-strengthened hull makes her well-suited to expeditions which penetrate deeper into Antarctica, including to the Ross Sea. Consistent with the ship’s policy of adventurous exploration of remote regions, as much time as possible is spent on shore, and flexibility is the watchword to maximise the polar experience.
• Capacity of 116
• Range of cabins from quadruples to superior suites. All cabins now with private facilities.
• A good option for multinational, independent-minded guests seeking an expedition-style experience
• Large bridge welcomes guests
• Maximum possible time spent on shore visits
• Wide range of itineraries including voyages to observe emperor penguins.